Wednesday, December 9, 2009

"Searching" for a way to support America SCORES?

What if I told you that you could support America SCORES Chicago right now or any time, for free, in your pajamas.

I'm intrigued...what do I do?

America SCORES Chicago is a featured charity on www.Goodsearch.com.

Instead of going to Google (I know its a habit) or Yahoo (because goodsearch actually uses yahoo), or Bing (cool name) to search, go to Goodsearch. It works just like a search engine (since it is one) except that each search you make gives about $.01 to SCORES. When you go to the homepage page, it asks you "Who do you search for." Find "America SCORES - Chicago" and start searching. Piece of cake.

$.01 per search? That doesn't sound like much money, can it make a difference?

Imagine if only 4 people use Goodsearch for SCORES twice a day (i.e. "Who did America draw in the world cup?" "great last minute holiday gift ideas." There, today is taken care of.) SCORES gets a donation that covers one kid's writing supplies. If 35 people start using it periodically, that's covers a full season of programming for one new student. You get the idea.

I'm in... but I'm afraid I'll forget. I'm so used to using other search engines.
Goodsearch has a toolbar you can download:

http://www.goodsearch.com/toolbar/america-scores-chicago

It'll be right there for easy use.
Also, it provides links to online stores (from Banana Republic to Amazon to Walmart, which will also give a portion (.5-3%) of your purchase to America SCORES Chicago as long as you go to their website through the "Goodshop" button or through goodsearch.com

Sounds awesome! I'll start right away. And I'll tell everyone I know who would like to support Chicago's youth while playing around online (which should be pretty much everyone, I'd think.)

No comments:

Post a Comment